Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Double-Rainbow!

For those of you that have never seen this viral YouTube hit, here's the link: Double-rainbow guy.

I finally made use of my $500 fog lights this morning. The fog was thick and heavy. It was rainy. Somewhat cold. In other words, a typical Scottish morning, except not very windy.

The Kant reading group went on for a few hours and as I left Edgecliffe it was already nearing 1800. The sky had cleared, it was comfortably warm, and the sun was setting over the horizon. The castle and cathedral bronzed in the late afternoon light. And, my God, over the ocean was a vibrant, clear, complete double-rainbow-- larger, clearer and nearer than the one that set Yosemitebear in a religious frenzy.

I wish I had my camera with me. St. Andrews at sunset after a day of heavy rain is marvelous. Like Yosemitebear, I stopped to ask myself "what does it all mean?"

The Introduction to Kant's Metaphysics of Morals, that is.

1 comment:

  1. Idiot! Why didn't you look for the pot of gold!

    Dean.

    ReplyDelete