Sunday, September 12, 2010

Arrived

My flights were delayed and generally chaotic. 48hrs later, I am in beautiful, serene Scotland.
Thankfully, my landlord came to the airport to take me to the property. He drove along the southern coast of Fife-- quaint, verdant, and very authentic.

The house is wonderful. I will post pictures of it soon. The stone fence that surrounds the community was built in 1488. There's also a pre-Christian stone, not unlike a pillar of Stonehenge, a couple hundred of yards down the road.

I overhead what sounded like a Gaelic conversation in the grocery store. I asked my landlord to translate. He told me that it wasn't Gaelic they were speaking, but English, albeit thickly accented. I swear I understood not a single word of what was said.

I'm very excited to begin my year in Scotland. I am not surprised that this is the preferred vacation spot of many celebrities (my landlord keeps a mental list of them). It's in the upper-40s/lower-50s around dusk here, so it is a bit cooler than I'm accustomed to from central Texas.

At any rate, I'm very busy tomorrow: opening a bank account, venturing to Yorkshire to find my car (Dude Where's My Car- Britain), among other things. I'd like to mention before I conclude this post that the first song I heard when after I landed in the UK was 'California Girls' by Katy Perry. Thank globalization for exporting top-40 crap all over the world.

v/r,
Lupo

1 comment:

  1. Apparently the notes and lyrics truly "...are unforgetable."

    ReplyDelete